Lead Engineer, DXC.technology
(Role overlaps transition from Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
Managing engineering efforts for managed desktop and IaaS services for UKPS clients, including application migration, mobility services and on-site/in-datacenter networks.
- Maintaining direct customer-facing relationships, including requirements review and detailed technical solutioning alongside architects and account delivery teams;
- Engineering team leadership, including task allocation and tracking, problem and incident resolution and progress reporting to leadership;
- Hands-on technical design, implementation and supported end-to-end testing of infrastructure that includes, but is not limited to, Active Directory, SCCM, Citrix, AppSense.
Service Architect, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
(Role overlaps transition from Hewlett-Packard Co.)
Service architecture and environmental design/implementation, primarily in the virtualised and Managed Desktop workspace, including application virtualisation, desktop and user management and backend infrastructure to support large-scale desktop and service delivery using technologies including, but not limited to, SCCM, AppSense and Citrix.
- Design work and implementation of networking and remote access/VPN, user authentication, desktop and application virtualisation in labs and production customer environments;
- Providing regular impacting on technical change, including service and customer impact;
- Development of automation utilities for rapid deployment and prototyping.
User-Level Data Centre Tomography
ACM SIGCOMM, Helsinki, Finland
Poster submission. Measurement and inference in data centres present a set of opportunities and challenges distinct from the Internet domain. Existing toolsets may be perturbed or be misled by issues related to virtualization. Yet, while equally confronted by scale, data centres are relatively homogenous and symmetric. We believe these may be attributes to be exploited. However, data is required to better evaluate our hypotheses. Therefore, we introduce our efforts to gather data using a single framework from which we can launch tests of our choosing. Our observations reinforce recent claims, but indicate changes in the network. They also reveal additional obfuscations stemming from virtualization.
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Languages: English (native), French (working proficiency)
Go, C, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Lua.
Open Source Projects
End-to-end encrypted IPv6 overlay network, written in Go, which implements a new spanning tree-based routing scheme
A cjdns wrapper package for Ubiquiti EdgeOS and VyOS
vyatta-quicktun (Author, GitHub)
A quicktun wrapper package for Ubiquiti EdgeOS
sigmavpn (Author, GitHub)
Lightweight point-to-point VPN solution for Linux and UNIX-based systems
Pure Java implementation of the NaCl curve25519xsalsa20poly1305 algorithm
vyatta-wireguard (Contributor, GitHub)
A wireguard wrapper package for Ubiquiti EdgeOS
BSc Hons Computing Science (1st Class), University of Stirling
Subjects of study include software development strategies, application development, networking and IP communications (SIP/VoIP), project management, information management (including XML, XSLT), programming language paradigms.
Selected Finalist for ACM Undergraduate Research Prize
ACM SIGCOMM, Helsinki, Finland